Yup, I’m back with another Mystery Stamping card!! If you missed my first two Mystery Stamping posts, please check here and here.
If you would like to participate, please look at the list of suggested supplies (below) and have your materials ready to go before you read through the detailed instructions. As in my prior posts, I am going to right this post as if we are all working on the Mystery Stamping card together. That means that you won’t see the final card until the end of the post!
Here are the specifics on what you might want to have on-hand to make the card –
- Paper dimensions –
- Card base – Any color will work for this card. Your cardstock for the base should be cut to 8 ½ x 5 ½, scored at 4 ¼ on the 8 ½ side. Essentially, you’re going to start with a standard A2 size card.
- Other pieces of paper –
- Cardstock in a color that complements the card base cut to 2 ¾ x 2 ¾.
- Patterned paper or DSP that works well with the base and the piece above cut to 2 ½ x 2 ½.
- Please have an extra piece each of your cardstock colors and the DSP available. You may want to add some pieces to the inside of the card as an option. Don’t cut any of these papers since you may not want to use them for the inside.
- Other items –
- Ribbon/twine (optional)
- Sequins or other bling (optional)
- Scoreboard and scoring tool (you can use your paper trimmer and a bone folder in place of a scoreboard)
- Paper trimmer
- For the sentiment – I recommend having one that can be cut with either a die or a punch (your choice of shape!). The die cut piece or punched piece should be within 1” high by 2” wide.
- Your favorite embossing folder and embossing machine are optional.
Now, we are ready to make the Mystery Stamping Card together! I will write directions as well as provide pictures for every step. Here we go…
- Start with a standard A2 card base [5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼” on the 8 ½” side].
- On the side that will be the front of the card, make a diagonal score at 3” from the top right corner, as pictured.
- Fold the score lines as pictured below.
- Cut a second piece of cardstock to 4” x 5 ¼”. In the example I am showing, the color of this piece is the same color as the card base. Similar to the card base, make a diagonal score at 3” from the top right corner, as pictured.
- Cut on the score line to leave the piece as pictured below, and emboss the piece with an embossing folder. Both of these steps are pictured below.
- Adhere the embossed piece to the front of your card base, as pictured.
- The focal point for the card is made up of two pieces – The first is a piece of card stock cut to 2 ¾” square. The second is a piece of patterned or Designer Series Paper cut to 2 ½” square. Adhere these two pieces together, and emboss the adhered pieces using the same embossing folder that you used the card front.
- Adhere the focal piece to the front of the card, as pictured. Line up the corners of the focal point with the points of the folded corner. The second picture shows the view from the inside front of the card.
- Add your sentiment and additional embellishments to the front of your card to finish. You’ve just created a beautiful corner fold card!
I would LOVE to see the cards that you make using this design! Please share them. My next two posts will give you additional options to modify this design to get two very different cards.
Below are some of the main products that I used to make the corner fold card. If you click on any picture, you’ll go directly to my on-line store. The DSP collections are retiring. Don’t wait to order yours!
Happy Mystery Stamping!
2 thoughts on “Ready for Another Mystery Stamping Card?”
Comments are closed.