Unfortunately, I’ve needed a few sympathy cards recently. When I make a sympathy card, I like to keep the design clean and simple. The new Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) really helped me create the perfect card. Take a look below –
There are very few supplies that you’ll need to make this card.
- Start with Thick Very Vanilla card stock for your card base.
- Next, use the versatile Stitched Rectangles die collection to create the many layers of color on the card.
- The first layer is Basic Black card stock, cut with the largest rectangle in the Stitched Rectangles die collection.
- Use the next largest die in the collection to cut the layer of Rococo Rose card stock.
- The smallest layer is cut using the third largest die in the collection and a piece of the Pressed Petals DSP.
- On the die cut piece of Rococo Rose card stock, stamp your sentiment in middle using Memento Black ink. [Confession – The stamp I used in not an SU! stamp.] Die cut the sentiment with the smallest rectangle die in the collection.
- Use the second smallest rectangle piece in the collection to die cut a piece of the already die cut Basic Black card stock. Die cut the piece from the middle of the Basic Black card stock.
- Adhere the die cut sentiment piece to the small die cut Basic Black card stock piece.
- Use twine to make a double bow. Adhere the double bow to the sentiment and make sure one of the tails from the bow is placed behind the sentiment, as pictured.
- Use dimensionals to adhere the sentiment piece to the card, as pictured.
Switch the sentiment to make cards to many different occasions. I hope you use this design to make cards to share for special occasions.
Below are pictures of the main products that I used to make this card. Click on any picture, and you’ll go to my on-line store.