In my last post, I made the confession that I am hooked on the Jar of Love stamp set and corresponding Everyday Jars framelits dies. Today, I would like to share a fun, fresh shaker card featuring the stamp and die bundle.
Shaker cards are quite a lot of fun to make and truly not hard. You just need to take the plunge and give it a try. Typically when I make shaker cards, I add sequins or pieces of sparkling paper to the shaker. In this card, you’ll see that the fireflies are the focus of the card and are also the pieces that are intended to move in the shaker card. Our card club made this card recently, and it was a true hit! I hope you’ll enjoy making it as well.
Detailed instructions follow the picture. Also, at the end of this post, you’ll have an opportunity to purchase the items used to make the card.
Below are instructions for making this card:
1. This card and envelope feature the amazing Jar of Love stamp set, corresponding Everyday Jars framelits dies, and the gorgeous Fruit Stand designer series paper. The card base and envelope are from the Crumb Cake notecards and envelopes collection.
2. Shaker cards may look intimidating to make, but they really aren’t difficult. This is a great card to make if you haven’t made a lot of shaker cards. The design is pretty forgiving.
3. Cut a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock to 3” x 4” (or use a large enough scrap piece) and stamp the middle sized mason jar from the Jar of Love stamp set using Memento black ink. Die cut the jar with two corresponding dies from the Everyday Jar framelits dies set. First, use the framelit to cut the outside image of the mason jar. Then, use the framelit to cut the inside of the jar.
4. Cut a piece of the Fruit Stand designer series paper to 3 ¼” x 4 ¾”. Use the middle mason jar framelit to die cut a mason jar shaped opening.
5. Adhere a piece of acetate (I use the backing from photopolymer stamps) on the back of the DSP to cover the mason jar opening. Tape the acetate on one side to make sure it is where you want it before you glue it down. Then, on the front side of the DSP, adhere the die cut mason jar to the acetate. The die cut mason jar will fit very snuggly into the die cut mason jar opening in the DSP.
6. Cut a piece of Mint Macaron cardstock to ½” x 4”. Use Memento black ink to stamp “you light up my life” onto the Mint Macaron cardstock, as pictured. Adhere the Mint Macaron strip to the DSP, as pictured. You will have excess on both sides of the cardstock. Trim off the excess from the back.
7. Flip the DSP onto the back side. Use Foam Adhesive Strips to frame the shaker box, the mason jar shaped opening. Only peel one side off the adhesive foam strips, and make sure there are no gaps in your box.
8. Cut a piece of white cardstock to 3” x 4”. This is going to be the background of the shaker box. Use the firefly stamp from the Jar of Love stamp set and Memento ink to stamp a few fireflies on the white cardstock piece. Use a Daffodil Delight marker to shade in the body of the fireflies, as pictured.
9. Use a scrap piece of white cardstock to stamp about 15 fireflies. Stamp them using Memento black ink, and die cut them with the firefly die from the Everyday Jars framelits dies set. Color their bodies with a Daffodil Delight marker. Pile your die cut fireflies in the middle of the area of the white cardstock where you stamped your fireflies. Keep three die cut fireflies to the side. Adhere these fireflies to the front of the card, as pictured.
10. Peel the wax paper from the Foam Adhesive Strips around your shaker box. Adhere your DSP piece directly to the white cardstock with the piled firefly die cuts. Hover over the top of the DSP as you put the DSP over the fireflies. Make sure the Foam Adhesive Strips are adhering to the white cardstock. The shaker part of your card is now done!!
11. Put a few more strips of Foam Adhesive Strips on the back of the DSP piece. This will help adhere the front to the card. Adhere the DSP to the Crumb Cake notecard.
12. To finish the card, use Memento black ink to stamp the bow die from the Jar of Love stamp set onto a scrap of Mint Macaron. Die cut the bow using the bow framelit from the Everyday Jar framelits dies set, and adhere the die cut bow, as pictured.
Supplies used to make the card: