In my last post, I highlighted a fun, easy Corner Fold card that I shared with my stamping groups on a few recent Mystery Stamping Zoom sessions! If you haven’t seen that post, please check it out here.
Today, I want to show you a few additional twists on this design. They are pictured below!
Let’s take these cards one at a time and add a few instructions for each card.
The first one pictured above has two corner folds! After you have checked out my first post with instructions for making the basic Corner Fold Card, you can slightly alter the directions to make a double corner fold card –
- The corner fold starts with a 2 ¼” diagonal score line.
- The focal points are made up of two pieces – The first is a piece of card stock cut to 2” square. The second is a piece of pattern or DSP cut to 1 7/8” squre.
- The rest of the steps are the same those for the basic Corner Fold Card with the exception of adding a border behind the embossed piece on the front of the card.
The second card pictured above has a really fun corner accordion fold. It is just simply elegant (in my opinion)! Again, after you review the directions for the basis Corner Fold Card, use the alterations highlighted below to make this corner accordion fold card –
- Rather than folding the corner on a 3” diagonal score line for the Corner Fold Card, accordion fold the corner.
- The accordion is made by scoring the corner at 3”, 2”, and 1” as pictured.
- The focal point is made with a piece of card stock (2” x 3”) and a piece of DSP (1 7/8” x 2 7/8”).
I hope you enjoy these two additions for corner fold cards! Please share your creations. I would really LOVE to see them.
My next few posts are going to feature some AMAZING corner fold cards that my stamping friends have created. We are in the middle of our third Mystery Stamping Challenge!
Happy corner fold card making!