As promised, here is the fourth and final card that our stamp club made with the amazing Humming Along Bundle. As you will see, this card is a fun side step card that has a great illusion of the hummingbird being in front of the flower. Take a look at the pictures below:
Side step cards really have a WOW factor. They are not difficult to make. You just need to practice your cutting and scoring. You’ll be a pro in no time – trust me!
There are two steps to create the card base – (1) Cut your card base and then (2) score the card base.
Let’s talk about cutting the card base first. I’ve added a picture below to illustrate how I made the cut for this card. There is only one cut in the paper. Here are the steps:
- Start with a piece of card stock cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Essentially, you will cut a piece of standard A2 card stock (8 1/2″ x 11″) in half by cutting at 5 1/2″ on the 11″ side.
- Place your cut piece of card stock into your paper cutter so you can make the cut shown in the picture below. You are going to place the 5 1/2″ side of the paper at 3″ in the paper cutter. Then, start your blade cutting at the 7″ mark on the paper trimmer and cut to 2 3/4″. This means that you will have a 4 1/4″ long cut. Note: The length of the cut is half the size as the length of the paper!
Now, we are going to add the score lines.
- Reference the picture below to note where you will make your score lines.
- On the left side of the picture, you will make a score line at 4 1/4″ (or half the length of the paper) to essentially be able to fold the card in half.
- On the right side of the picture, you will make score lines at the beginning and end of the cut that you made in the first step, pictured and discussed above. These will be at 1 1/2″ and 5 3/4″.
- The final score line will be at 3″. This is twice the distance of the beginning score line at 1 1/2″.
Your step card is ready to be folded and decorated. Reference the picture below to fold your card. The decorations are up to you! I used products that are pictured at the end of this post to decorate the card.
I really hope that you use the directions above to make a step card. You will be amazed at how easy it is.
The main products that I used to make this card are shown below. Click on any picture, and you’ll go to my on-line store.