Confession – I’m not a huge Halloween fan. There, I’ve said it! I hope you are not offended if you enjoy Halloween and the fun of the holiday! I am a fan of the monthly Paper Pumpkin kits that Stampin’ Up! offers, and the Bone Appetit kit did not disappoint.
The first two boxes that I made were based exactly on the directions in the kit. They are really cute and make fun treat boxes for Halloween candy. Take a look at the picture below to see the boxes based on the kit instructions. You can also click on the picture and go to a YouTube video that shows how to make the boxes!
Next, I thought outside the box (pun very much intended!!) to put together two alternative projects using pieces from the September kit (Bone Appetit) and the August kit (Gift of Fall). They both have some really great color combinations, don’t you agree?
Just a few tips for making these boxes –
- You will have pieces left from every Paper Pumpkin kit to use for additional projects. Always take a look at the pieces with fresh eyes. For example, on the “Thankful for friends like you” box, I used one of the purple labels from the Bone Appetit kit and simply turned the label over to the white side. It is layered under the Crumb Cake piece I used for the sentiment. I also used one of the mini black clothespins and attached one of the colored vellum leaves with glue dots.
- The “Happy Thanksgiving” box is made primarily from the Bone Appetit kit, with a few additional embellishments. I die cut two of the boxes using the leaf dies in the Seasonal Layers die collection. There are additional leaves that were cut from vellum and from Highland Heather card stock. The “Happy Thanksgiving” sentiment is from the amazing stamp set that was included in the Gift of Fall Paper Pumpkin kit.
- As you continue to receive your Paper Pumpkin kits, your collection of unique stamp sets and ink spots will grow. You will be able to expand your creativity to make beautiful projects by combining elements from multiple kits.
The next two Paper Pumpkin kits are ones that you will not want to miss – just trust me on this! Below is a heads-up on the kits.
- The October kit will feature ten cards and envelopes. The cards are full size (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″). The featured colors will be Early Espresso, Pool Party, Poppy Parade, and Shaded Spruce!
- The November kit will include materials to make twenty-four holiday-themed gift tags. The tags will include four different sizes and designs. And, yes, you guessed it – the featured colors will be the same as the ones in the October kit.
- The kits are designed to work together; however, each one will also stand alone.
- If you have never subscribed to Paper Pumpkin or you have cancelled your past subscription, now is the time to give Paper Pumpkin a try. You have absolutely nothing to lose. You can cancel your subscription or skip a month any time – period.
- The Winter Wonder kits are ones that you will absolutely want to get your hands on. So, why not subscribe today. [You’ll need to subscribe by October 10 to get the October kit!] Simply click on the picture below, and be directed to a page to sign-up for your kit!
I will definitely share alternate projects from the October and November Paper Pumpkin kits!
Happy Paper Pumpkin stamping!