In honor of the retiring SU! stamps, let’s have a party starting with the I Think You’re Great stamp set. Here are two cards that feature the set and are just plain fun to make. They also make me think of summer, which is not too far in the future!!
Here are the cards:
And here are the directions –
- The I Think You’re Great retiring stamp set is a great one to use with the kissing technique. You probably have stamps in your stash that will work really well with this technique and will extend your stamps to create new images.
- Stamp the “hi!” stamp using a green ink of your choice. Stamp off onto the scalloped lines stamp from the I Think You’re Great stamp set. This will take some of the ink off the “hi!” stamp.
- Now – stamp the “hi!” stamp onto white cardstock. You’ll see the result is an image with a really interesting background. You can get an alternative background by repeating step 2 and stamping off using the flower background stamp from the same stamp set.
- Important: Be sure to clean your stamps each time you use the kissing technique. You don’t want to transfer unwanted ink onto a stamp or ink pad.
- Cut out the “hi!” stamped image.
- We’re going to make this card as a 4” x 4” card. Cut your choice of green cardstock into two pieces for the card. The first is 8” x 4”, scored and folded at 4” on the 8” side. The second is cut to 4” x 4”.
- To create the ice cream cone, use a favorite embossing folder to make the texture. The examples show two choices for the embossing folder. Punch the cone out using the Tree punch or cut out the cone using scissors. Sponge the punched out cone with your choice of brown ink.
- On a piece of 3” x 3” of white cardstock, stamp the scalloped lines stamp from the I Think You’re Great stamp set. Use a color of your choice that will work well with the stamped “hi!” image and the ice cream cone piece.
- Use Versamark ink and stamp the scalloped lines stamp in each corner of the 4” x 4” green cardstock. Look at the picture above for an example of where to stamp the images.
- Choose the sentiment you would like to put in the bottom right corner of the white cardstock. The Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set provides quite a few choices. Stamp the image using Memento Tuxedo black ink, and punch it out or cut it into your choice of shape. Adhere to the white cardstock.
- Take some time to determine where you want to place the “hi!” and ice cream cone pieces and where the embellishments will be. The pictures show a few alternatives, but the options are endless!
Happy Retirement to this great set – If you don’t have this I Think You’re Great stamp set and want to add it to your collection, just click on the image below. You’ll go to my on-line store. While you’re there, be sure to check out all the other amazing stamps and accessories that are retiring.