When I was planning for our recent Stamp Club, I wanted to make a card with the Love You to Pieces bundle. The card pictured below was incredibly straight forward to make and really has an incredible pop of color and style — well, at least, I think that’s true!!!
As usual with SU!’s products, there are so many possibilities with this bundle. Imagine your favorite DSP or stamped as the puzzle design. There are also an almost endless number of seBntiments that you can use for the puzzle piece die cut. Please share the cards that you make from CASEing this card! I would really love to see them.
Here are the directions for making this card:
- The card base is made from a piece of Whisper White card stock cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at the 4 1/4″ on the 8 1/2″ side.
- Before you choose the card stock color for the frame piece of your card, decide which collection of Designer Series Paper (DSP) you’ll use for the puzzle. You will want to choose a frame piece color that will complement the colors in the DSP. The frame piece is cut to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ to start.
- I chose the gorgeous Petal Promenade DSP for my puzzle piece. This collection is available as a FREE Sale-A-Bration gift for purchases of $50 (before shipping and tax). Cut your DSP piece to 4″ x 4″.
- Use the puzzle die from the Puzzle Pieces Thinlits Dies to cut the DSP piece into puzzle pieces.
- Tip: To keep your puzzle pieces straight as far as how they fit together – Before you die cut your DSP piece, turn the DSP piece upside down. Place the puzzle die (with the blade side up) in the middle of the DSP piece. With a pencil, number the pieces that will be cut by the die. On the top row, number 1 to 4 starting with the right most piece. You’ll end up with the numbers looking like 4 – 3 – 2 – 1. Follow the same pattern with the remaining three rows. The second row will look like 8 – 7 – 6 – 5. The third row will look like 12 – 11 – 10 – 9, and the fourth row will look like 16 – 15 – 14 – 13. Turn your DSP to the correct side to die cut the puzzle. You’ll end up with numbered puzzle pieces with 1 starting in the upper left corner and going left to right for each line. Trust me – This process helps!!!
- Adhere the puzzle pieces to a piece of Basic Black card stock cut to 4″ x 4″. You’ll only need a little adhesive on the puzzle pieces. Try to leave a little (very little) gap between the puzzle pieces to better highlight the pieces themselves. Choose one piece to leave out of the puzzle.
- Don’t worry about centering the puzzle pieces on the Basic Black card stock piece. After you have adhered the puzzle pieces, trim the Basic Black card stock piece as pictured.
- Adhere the finished puzzle piece to the colored frame piece. I thought it would be fun to nave the puzzle piece off center and twisted. Play around with the layout before you adhere the piece.
- Use a piece of your favorite metallic twine to wrap the colored frame piece before you adhere the frame piece to the card base. I used retired gold twine from an old Holiday catalog.
- Stamp the “Love you” puzzle piece die onto a piece of Whisper White card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Die cut this piece with the single puzzle die piece from the Puzzle Pieces Thinlits Dies set. Adhere the puzzle piece to the card with dimensionals.
Below are the main products that I used to make this card. If you click on any picture, you’ll go directly to my on-line store.
Happy puzzle making!!!