Don’t you love the simplicity of a Z-Fold card? They are very easy to make but punch a real WOW factor. Take a look at an example of this type of card featuring the wonderful Humming Along bundle –
This is what a Z-fold card looks like from the top. There is so much dimension to this easy card style! It’s perfect for the Humming Along bundle also. The hummingbird appears to be in front of the flower when the card is opened. The card will also stand on its own!
You can tell from my last few posts that I am really hooked on the Humming Along bundle. Well – I guess that is because I am really fascinated by hummingbirds as, I’m sure, many of you are. We have two hummingbird feeders in our yard. We will always be mesmerized by the antics of the hummingbirds!
Let me give you a few tips on how to make this card. You’ll be able to use the base Z-fold card design for any occasion. Do not blame me if you get hooked on this card style 🙂
- Cut a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score the 11″ side at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″. Fold the the score lines as pictured above.
- Cut two pieces of Basic Black card stock to 2 1/2″ x 4″. These pieces will be the frames for your Gingham Gala Designer Series Paper (DSP).
- Choose your favorite Gingham Gala DSP color and size of gingham (each color has small and large gingham choices). Cut two pieces of Gingham Gala DSP to 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″. Adhere the DSP pieces to the center of the Basic Black card stock pieces, as pictured. Adhere the Basic Black card stock pieces to the outside of the card and inside exposed side of the card, as pictured.
- Stamp the hummingbird, flower, and leaf images from the Humming Along stamp set onto Whisper White card stock. Use Memento Black ink to stamp these images.
- Die cut the stamped images with the corresponding Hummingbird Framelits Dies. Adhere the die cut images to the card, as pictured.
- Choose one of the sentiments from the Humming Along stamp set for your card. Stamp the sentiment onto Whisper White card stock with Memento Black ink. Die cut the stamped sentiment with the label die in the Hummingbird Framelits Dies set.
- Adhere the die cut sentiment to a piece of 1 3/8″ x 3″ piece of Basic Black card stock.
- Adhere the sentiment onto your card, as pictured, using Dimensionals. Be sure to only put the dimensionals on the back of half of the sentiment. You only need to adhere the left side of the sentiment to the card.
Shown below are the main products that I used to create the Z-fold card. If you click on any picture, you’ll go to my on-line store.
In my next post, I will share the last of the Humming Along based cards that we made at our recent Stamp Club. It is a fun side-step card that I’m sure you will love.