Welcome to the December NC Demos Blog Hop! I hope you have just come from Amy Kinler’s post and loved her project as much as I did! Thank you so much for stopping by to see what I am sharing this month.
As you know, our theme this month is to highlight the amazing Designer Series Paper (DSP) and embellishments that are in the Annual Catalog. We have all been so focused on holiday cards and projects that we may have neglected some of the great products that are in the Annual Catalog.
Unfortunately lately, I have had the need to make and send sympathy cards. Below is one of the sympathy cards that I have made that features DSP and a very quick, easy fun fold design. I think the colors and design evoke calm and also sincere condolences with a little style.
The picture below is of the front of the card and features three of the gorgeous designs that are included in the beautiful Peony Garden DSP collection.
The second picture, shown below, is of the inside of the card. The Peony Garden DSP is also the star of the inside of the card.
This card design is very straight forward to make and can be used for any occasion. Here are the paper measurements for the card pictured above –
- The card base is a piece of Granite Gray card stock cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″.
- The card base is scored, on the 8 1/2″ side, at 1″ and at 4 1/4″.
- There are a few pieces of the beautiful Peony Garden DSP used to make this card –
- Two pieces cut to 3 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. On the sample card above, these are the pieces that have the Petal Pink peonies in the design.
- Two pieces cut to 7/8″ x 5 3/8″. The first of these pieces is the gray DSP piece seen on the front of the card. The second of these pieces is the Petal Pink piece that is on the right side of the card.
- The inside piece for the partial peony stamping and area to write a message is a piece of Whisper White card stock cut to 3 1/8″ x 5 3/8″.
I used the stunning Prized Peony stamp set, corresponding Peony Dies, the versatile Tasteful Labels Dies, and Gray Granite ink to add the sentiment and multi-layered flowers to the card. The layers for the sentiment include the large Gray Granite card stock piece in the background, the round die cut Petal Pink DSP piece, and the round die cut stamped Whisper White piece. For embellishments, I added some Gray Granite shimmer ribbon underneath the sentiment and a few Elegant Faceted Gems to ensure a little bling.
The best way for me to “show” you how to make the card is to share a video. You can click on the picture below to see a video of a Christmas card that I made using the same design. You’ll quickly see that this design is incredibly versatile and can be used to make a card for any occasion. [Please note: I recorded the video during a live Zoom call that I had with my stamp club. Please forgive and ignore any background noises!]
I hope you will give this fun fold card a try! I would really love to see what you make.
Please be sure to continue hopping through this month’s NC Demos Blog Hop by going to Dawn’s post. I know she has an amazing project to share with all of us. Below you can also see all the folks who are participating in this month’s blog hop.
At the end of this blog, you’ll see pictures of the main products that I used to make the card that I shared. If you click on any picture, you’ll go directly to my online store.
Here are the main products that I used to make my card –