Welcome to the October NC Blog Hop! Thanks for joining us! If you just game came from Ronnie’s post, you know that we are sharing ideas for hostess gifts or party favors. We are definitely getting into the holiday season and will be spending time with family and friends. It will be wonderful to have ideas for special hostess gifts and party favors. I know you’ll find inspiration in all the projects that are shared by our group!
Below is a picture of the card box project that I’m sharing this month. You’ll see that it is a card that includes a collapsible box. It’s a great way to give a small gift like a gift card, check, special note, family picture, or ornament. A belly band helps keep the project together. And, the card box fits into a standard A2 envelope! My project was influenced by an amazing artist, Connie Stewart. Please check out her initial post.
The basic pieces of paper that you’ll need to make this project are –
- 12″ x 12″ piece of Joy of Christmas Designer Series Paper, cut into three pieces –
- First cut off a 2″ x 12″ strip. Keep the strip to use for the belly band.
- Turn 90 degrees, then cut off a 3 1/2″ x 10″ strip. Keep the strip to use to cut two pieces to put on the flaps of your card box.
- You’ll be left with a piece of DSP that is 8 1/2″ x 10″. This will be the piece that you’ll use to make your card.
- 2 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Basic White cardstock
- A scrap piece of Basic White cardstock to use for the background die cut and sentiment die cut.
- A scrap piece of Old Olive cardstock for the the holly leaves die cuts.
The best way to see the steps to make the box card is to take a few minutes to look at the video that is linked below.
This is such a fun design for any occasion! It’s perfect to use for a gift card, check, a note, a photograph, or a small ornament.
The main products that I used to make my card box are shown below. If you click on the picture of any product, you’ll go directly to my online store. If you’ve watched the video, remember that you’ll need a ruler to make the diagonal score lines!
Now, be sure to check out Frances’ project. I know she has something amazing to share with us! Everyone who is participating in this month’s blog hop is shown below. You really need to take some time to see all the projects that are being shared!
Products Used to Make the Box Card: