This week marks a new chapter in my life since I am now officially “retired”! It also marks a new beginning for StampedGreetings.com and my blog! I started the website and blog a few years ago and have really enjoyed posting and receiving feedback. Now, I want to dedicate more time to share stamping ideas with you.
Here is what you can expect –
- Each week, one stamp set or bundle will be featured.
- Living up to my motto (One stamp set – Three designs – Endless possibilities), each week I’ll showcase three projects.
- I can’t promise on which days I’ll post (I’ve got to get used to this “retired” thing!), but there will be three projects.
Here is what I would like to ask from you –
- Please provide your feedback. Constructive words (positive or not-so-positive) are appreciated.
- Share the projects you like with your friends!
Floral Statements is the first set to be featured in the new beginning of StampedGreetings.com. If you’re like me, you may have missed it when you looked through the new Annual Catalog. The set includes two stamps that are very beautiful and very useful. Take a look at the Hello card below.
Instructions for making the Hello card –
- The base for the card is Garden Green cardstock cut to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ on the 8 1/2″ side.
- The frame layer is Early Espresso cardstock cut to 5 1/4″ x 4″. I love a darker frame color under the front. The extra color on the edge of the design really helps the images pop.
- The card front is Crumb Cake cardstock cut to 5″ x 3 3/4″. Hint: You can get all three card stock colors in the Painted Autumn Cardstock Pack in the Holiday catalog. Cardstock packs really help take the guesswork out of which colors work incredibly well together.
- Use the Hello stamp from the Floral Statements stamp set and Archival Basic Black Stampin’ Ink to stamp Hello in the middle of the card front.
- Use the stamp of your choice from the Timeless Textured stamp set and Versamark Ink to add an edge border to the card front.
- Use your Watercolor Pencils to color the flowers and leaves in the Hello stamp design. Be sure to use the Basic Black watercolor pencil and color over each letter in Hello. In the example, I used Whisper White on the flower petals, Daffodil Delight in the middle of the flowers, Old Olive on the leaves. and Early Espresso on the bark pieces.
- Emboss your card front with the amazing, new Layered Leaves 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. You will love the multi-dimensions of the leaves!
- If you add a little Wink of Stella to the letters, they will pop even more.
- Speaking of popping, you can make selected leaves seem more of a focal point by highlighting them with your Whisper White watercolor pencil.
- Adhere the Early Espresso piece directly to the card base.
- Adhere the card front to the Early Espresso piece with Dimensionals.
Be sure to check back in a few days to see the card featuring the Thanks stamp from the Floral Statements stamp set. If you would like to add Floral Statements or other key products used to make the Hello card, click on any picture below, and you’ll go to my on-line store.
Thanks for being part of the new beginning!