When I looked through the new Stampin’ Up! catalog for the first time and I turned to page 146, I paused (for a while, to be honest!). The Color Theory Suite and its products are really special. They are very colorful and very versatile. One of the products in the suite is the Color Theory Memories & More Card Pack.
The Color Theory Memories & More Card Pack is also pictured on page 193 of the new catalog. You’ll see that the pack includes 72 cards (two different sizes), cardstock sticker sheets, and printed acetate cards. The cards are a single thickness with a different design on either side. Memories & More Card Packs are designed to coordinate with product suites and can be used for scrapbooking, card making, and other fun decorating options. And, the best news – the card packs are only $10.00!!
The cards pictured below were made with the cards from the Color Theory Memories & More Card Pack and a few additional products from the Color Theory Suite. Simple, quick, and still packs a punch! Take a look –
Here are the quick steps to make these cards –
- A card base is made from Whisper White card stock. The card base is cut to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. The 8 1/2″ side is scored at 4 1/4″.
- Pick out one of your favorite pieces of the Color Theory Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack – (You’ll probably have a hard time picking your favorite – Just warning you!!) and cut it to 4″ x 5 1/2″. This will be the background color for your card. You’ll have leftover pieces after you cut this piece. Keep them – you’ll use one later!
- Pick your favorite color of the new 3/8″ Mini Chevron Ribbon from the Color Theory Suite. In the pictured card, I used the Crushed Curry ribbon. Wrap a piece of the ribbon around the background piece, as pictured. Adhere the ribbon to the background piece. I stapled the ribbon. The staple isn’t seen and hold the ribbon down very well.
- If you want a little more pop to the background, add some Linen Thread and secure it to allow the thread to be seen after the card is finished. Reference the pictures above.
- Now, adhere the background piece to your card base, as pictured.
- Take one of the pieces that you had leftover when you cut the DSP in Step 2 and stamp a sentiment in a color that complements your card. In the pictured cards, I used the new Berry Burst In-Color ink and “Thinking of you” from the Colorful Seasons stamp set. Cut the sentiment to the size that you would like.
- Pick a 3″ x 4″ card from the Color Theory Memories & More Card Pack that will add the final touch to your card. There will be several to choose from.
- Adhere the cut sentiment to your 3″ x 4″ card. You’ll notice that I folded one side of my sentiment to add a clean finish.
- Use dimensionals to adhere the card to your card.
- Finish with a little bling by adding Glimmer Enamel Dots from (yup, you guessed it!) the Color Theory Suite. They are nothing but pure fun!
Have fun exploring the new Card Packs! I really think you’re going to like them.
The main products that I used to make these cards are pictured below. If you click on any picture, you’ll go to my on-line store.