I’ve started making the Christmas cards that my husband, Bruce, and I will send this year. Typically, I make a few designs that I try to match to the people who receive our cards. The card shown below is one of the cards that we will be sending. It is very whimsical and super quick to make!
If you’re like me, you will love having a quick Christmas card as an option for you to make. The gorgeous, versatile Let It Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) is the perfect focal point for this card. Don’t you agree?
And, the new amazing Snowfall Accents Puff Paint adds the perfect realistic snowballs to the card. Besides – the Puff Paint is REALLY fun to use!!
Here are the basic instructions for you to follow to make this card. You’ll be amazed at how quick and easy it is!
- Start with a Thick Whisper White card stock base for your card, cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″ on the 8 1/2″ side. Round the bottom corners (front and back) of the card base, as shown.
- Use a piece of your favorite blue card stock as the largest frame piece for your card. Cut the piece to 4″ x 5 1/4″. Round the corners of the piece.
- To conserve paper, stamp “Let It Snow” from the Snowman Season Stamp Set onto the middle of the blue card stock. Die cut the sentiment with the second largest oval die in the Stitched Shapes die collection. I used these dies a lot! They are incredibly versatile and definitely something you will go to often! The die cut piece will be used as the main sentiment for the card, and no-one will know that the blue card stock frame piece has an oval die cut in the middle 🙂
- Cut a piece of Basic Black card stock to 3 3/4″ x 5″. Round the corners of the piece.
- Cut a piece of the Let It Snow Specialty DSP to 3 1/4″ x 4″, round the corners. When you cut the DSP, choose an area of the paper that will give you a fun, whimsical focal point for your card.
- Add random dots of the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint to the Basic Black piece and the sentiment piece. Heat set the Puff Paint to achieve the illusion of snow balls on your card. Check out this video to get more information and tips on how to use the Puff Paint!
- Now, you’re ready to assemble the card.
- Adhere the blue card stock piece to the card base. Then, adhere the Basic Black card stock piece to the blue card stock piece.
- Adhere the DSP focal piece to the upper left corner of the Basic Black card stock. Use dimensionals to attach the DSP piece.
- Adhere the sentiment piece, as shown. The sentiment is adhered with dimensionals on the right side and directly to the DSP on the left side.
- Finish your card by adding a few sequins or snowflakes, as pictured. Confession – I used retired snowflake sequins to finish my card.
I know you are going to have fun making this card. And, I know everyone you send it to will love how fun and festive it is!
The main products that I used to make this card are shown below. If you click on any picture, you’ll go directly to my on-line store.