Have you ever had a sentiment in a stamp set completely tug at your heart strings?? There is one sentiment, in particular, in the Strong & Beautiful stamp set that really caught my eye (and my heart!). It says “God made you my mother. Love made you my friend.” And, it was the anchor for a beautiful Mother’s Day card that I made. Take a look –
Here are the basic steps to make this card:
* Start with a piece of Real Red cardstock. Create a side-step card as your card base. If you are not familiar with a side-step card, please click here for more directions.
* Use Memento Tuxedo Black Ink to stamp the sentiment from the Strong & Beautiful stamp set as shown.
* On a piece of Whisper White card stock, stamp the flower image from the You’ve Got This stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
* Color the flower using your choice of Watercolor Pencils and Stampin’ Blends.
* Add background “grunge” with your favorite grungy stamps and colors that will enhance the colors of your flower.
* Use one of the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies to cut out the finished flower piece.
* Use the same die to cut another complementary color card stock to put behind the flower piece. You’ll notice that I added the complementary color at an angle behind the flower piece.
* You’ll also notice that I put a piece of Basic Black card stock as a frame behind the flower piece. It was cut to be just a teeny bit wider and taller than the flower piece.
* Tie a bow or double-bow in baker’s twine and add to your card.
This makes a truly beautiful Mother’s Day card. The main products I used for this card are shown below. Click on any picture, and you’ll go directly to my on-line store.