To all the amazing moms — Happy Mother’s Day! I hope you have a wonderful day and do something special for yourself. You deserve to be pampered!
This card design is very fun to make and very straight-forward –
- Start with a Basic White card stock base – 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 on the 8 1/2 side.
- The frame is a piece of Calypso Coral card stock cut to 3 7/8 x 5 1/8.
- The focal piece is Basic White card stock cut to 3 3/4 x 5.
- Stamp the flower stamp from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set onto the right side of the focal piece, as pictured. Use Soft Suede ink to stamp the image.
- Color the flower image with your favorite colors using the Watercolor Pencil assortments.
- Using Blending Brushes create the background for the focal piece by blending the new Pale Papaya ink at the top of the piece and the beautiful Pool Party ink at the bottom of the piece.
- When the focal piece is done, splash a few drops of water (be sparing) onto the piece and use a paper towel to dab off the water. A beautiful water spot will be left. If you would like, do a little more ink blending to add color over the place where the water was dropped. Repeat the process of splashing a few drops of water and dabbing them off with a paper towel. This will give depth to your design.
- Let the focal piece dry completely. Then, emboss the piece with the Tasteful Textiles 3D embossing folder.
- Finish your card as you would like. I added a piece of Calypso Coral card stock cut to be the same length as the frame. It was embossed and wrapped in some retired ribbon before being attached to the card.
- The sentiment is from a retired stamp set. I just love the sentiment and the font! I stamped it with Calypso Coral ink. The sentiment was punched out with the Double Oval Punch. The background for the sentiment is a piece of (retired – sorry!) Pretty Peacock card stock that was also punched out with the Double Oval punch.
This is a great layout for many types of cards. I hope you give it a try.
Below, you’ll find the main supplies that I used to create this card. Click on any picture, and you’ll go directly to my online store.
Happy Mother’s Day and Happy Stamping!