We all need some quick-to-pull-together cards, right?! Well, here is one that I hope you will try and keep handy in case you need to make a quick card. The key to the card is the new, versatile Botanical Layers Bundle!
Here are the steps to make the card –
- Card base – Piece of Gray Granite card stock cut to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 on the 8 1/2 side. This is a standard A2 card base.
- Designer Series Paper (DSP) – Piece of the Sun Prints DSP cut to 5 1/4 x 4. As you’ll see, I used the piece that has the vertical stripes. Chose a second piece of DSP that works well with your first piece. It should be at least 4 1/4 wide and about 4 tall.
- Vellum – Piece of the Lovely Layers Vellum. These pieces measure 5 x 3 3/4. You’ll see that I used the vellum piece will foliage all around.
- Steps to assemble –
- Use the second piece of DPS (the one that is 4 1/4 x 4) to cut strips. Cut four pieces that are 4 1/4 x 3/4. Cut one piece that is 4 1/4 x 1/4.
- Adhere the cut strips to the larger piece of DSP (the one that is 5 1/4 x 4). Tip: The grid paper from your Stamparatus will help you line up the pieces as you add them to the DSP. Take a look at the example for an idea of where to add the strips.
- Turn the DSP piece over and trim off the strips.
- Adhere the DSP piece directly on the card base.
- Use a few glue dots (one in each corner) to add the vellum piece directly on top of the DSP piece.
- Add adhesive to the last strip of DSP (the one that is 4 1/4 x 1/4) on top of the vellum in the middle of the card. This will give a little background to the sentiment and also help to hold the vellum in place.
- On a scrap piece of Basic White card stock, stamp the sentiment “thank you for everything” sentiment from the Botanical Layers stamp set with Starry Sky ink.
- Use the Double Oval Punch to punch out the sentiment as a scallop oval. Adhere the sentiment piece on top of the smallest DSP with dimensionals.
- Add embellishments to finish your card. I used the Rhinesone Basic Jewels and the Elegant Faceted Gems to add some bling.
Below is an alternate way to use the basic design for a very different look. The options are really endless!
The main products that I used to make this card are shown below. If you click on any picture, you’ll go directly to my online store.