One of the most exciting reveals in the SU! Annual Catalog is the collection of new In-Colors. As you know, the In-Colors are available for two years. The new In-Colors are gorgeous. Judge for yourself by looking at the colors below.
Tomorrow, our Stamp Club is getting together. The card pictured below is one that we will be making. It is a simple layout, but there are many textures and colors that come together for a nice, elegant finish. Two of the new In-Colors are featured in the design – Pretty Peacock and Terracotta Tile!
This card is pretty straight forward to put together. The two new In-Colors work together beautifully. The Basic Black frames behind the main components of the card help highlight the cards and shapes in the design. I’m sure you’ll find many color combinations to use with this layout.
Below are the main steps that were used to make the card –
- Start with a Sahara Sand cardstock base cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ on the 8 1/2″ side.
- The first framed piece of cardstock is Pretty Peacock cut to 4″ square. The frame is a 4 1/8″ square piece of Basic Black cardstock. Adhere the Pretty Peacock piece to the Basic Black piece.
- The next layer is a 3″ square Terracotta Tile DSP from the new In-Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (DSP). You’ll have four Terracotta Tile patterns to look at before you decide which one to use on your card!
- Use Memento Black Tuxedo Ink to stamp the “your friendship means the world to me” sentiment from the new Free as a Bird stamp set in the bottom right corner of the DSP piece as shown.
- Adhere the DSP piece to the Basic Black frame piece.
- Adhere the DSP framed piece to the Pretty Peacock framed piece, as pictured.
- Choose the Pretty Peacock DSP pattern that you want to use for the final paper layer of the card. The DSP is from the new In-Color 6″ x 6″ DSP collection. Cut the DSP piece to 4″ x 1″. As you can see from the picture, I chose the pretty Buffalo check pattern.
- The frame for this layer is a piece of Basic Black cardstock cut to 4 1/8″ x 1 1/8″. Adhere the DSP to the frame piece.
- Adhere the final framed DSP piece to the card, as pictured. Make sure the entire sentiment is seen below the framed DSP piece.
- Cut a piece of the new Terracota Tile 1/2″ Scalloped Linen Ribbon to about 6 1/2″ to 7″ long. Wrap the ribbon around the last layered DSP piece and adhere the ends to the back of the card.
- To finish the card, adhere the multi-layered design to the card base.
Now, step back and smile! You’ve made a gorgeous card to share with someone special!
Below are the mail products that I used to make this card. Click on any picture, and you’ll go directly to my on-line store.