This past Sunday was the day for our January Stamp Club. As usual, we had an absolutely great afternoon stamping, catching-up, and enjoying some delicious snacks. This month, our stamping focus was the amazing, NEW Meant to Be Bundle from the Occasions catalog. We made three cards from this bundle!! Below is a picture of the first card that I’ll share.
Don’t you love the non-traditional colors for a Valentine’s Day card!?!? The colors are so bold and bright. They really capture your attention.
Here are the directions for making this card:
- The base is a Whisper White Note Card. The Note Cards are available in Whisper White and Very Vanilla. They are great to have on hand. A package of 20 cards and envelopes is only $6.50!!
- The base layer on the card is a piece of Flirty Flamingo card stock cut to 3 3/8″ x 5 1/8″. The “Happy Valentine’s Day” sentiment is from the new Meant to Be stamp set. The sentiment is stamped with Blueberry Bushel ink.
- After the sentiment is stamped, the Flirty Flamingo piece is embossed using the Subtle 3D Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder. Actually, the piece is embossed twice. Once to have horizontal lines from the embossing folder. Then, the piece is turned 90 degrees and embossed again to give vertical lines. The result is a striking linen effect!
- You can round the corners of the Flirty Flamingo piece, as pictured, if you like.
- The frame for the floral focal point is a 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ piece of Blueberry Bushel card stock. Again, you can round the corners of this piece if you would like.
- The beautiful floral piece is from the gorgeous set of Garden Impressions 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (DSP). I absolutely LOVE this collection of DSP. It is beyond beautiful. The floral piece is cut to 3″ x 3″.
- Use the filigree heart die from the new Be Mine Stitched Framelits dies to cut a heart outline in the middle of the Garden Impressions piece.
- Use the same filigree hear die and a piece of Whisper White card stock to die cut a filigree heart.
- Don’t adhere the DSP piece to the Blueberry Bushel piece just yet. But, use a piece of washi tape to gently hold the DSP in the center of the Blueberry Bushel piece. This will give you perfect placement to adhere the Whisper White filigree heart die cut onto the Blueberry Bushel piece. Use your favorite liquid adhesive to adhere the filigree heart.
- Adhere the Flirty Flamingo piece to the card base.
- Adhere the Blueberry Bushel piece to the Flirty Flamingo piece, as pictured.
- Use Mini Dimensionals to add the die cut DSP onto the Blueberry Bushel piece and perfectly centered around the die cut filigree heart.
You’ll be proud to give this beautiful Valentine card to someone special!!
Pictured below are the products that I used to create this card. If you click on any picture, you’ll go directly to my on-line store.
My next post will be the second card that we made using the amazing, new Meant to Be bundle!