I really hope that you have made some projects using the new and beautiful Hand-Penned Memories & More Card Pack. If you have, I bet you are as hooked on these cards as I am. This post is meant to share my third design with this card pack. Be sure to check out the first and second designs that I have shared.
The first card that I made used the Hand-Penned Memories & More Cards and envelopes as the base. These cards are larger than the standard A2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) size. The second card was made with a Basic White note card. The card that I am sharing in this post has a standard A2 as the base. Check out the picture below.
Here are the basic steps that I used to make the card:
- Start with a card base from Basic White card stock cut to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 on the 8 1/2 side. This will give you a standard A2 card at 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black card stock to 3 7/8 x 5 3/8. This will be the frame around the die cut piece of Mango Melody card stock. Adhere this piece to the front of your card base.
- Die cut a piece of Mango Melody card stock with one of the dies from the Ornate Layers Die collection. Use the die that is just a smidge smaller than the Basic Black piece just cut out. Emboss the die cut piece with the Tasteful Texture 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere this piece directly on top of the Basic Black piece.
- Cut out a second piece of Basic Black card stock to 3 1/16 x 4 5/8. This is going to be the frame behind the printed card from the Hand-Penned Memories & More Card Pack.
- Choose the printed card that you want to use from the pack. You will choose one of the larger cards that measures 3 x 4. Trust me – You will almost definitely have a hard time choosing one card since there are so many beautiful patterns!
- Cut the printed card in half on the 4 inch side. Obviously, that means you’ll cut the card at 2 inches. Now, adhere one half of the card at the top of the second Basic Black piece that you cut. And, then, adhere the second half of the card at the bottom of the Basic Black piece. You’ll have a very small border around your card.
- Wrap a piece of the beautiful Papaya & White ribbon from the front to the back of the piece with the printed card halves. Put the ribbon in between the card halves. It is the perfect size to fill in the gap. I used scotch tape to secure the ribbon on the back. Use Tombo to adhere this piece to the embossed Mango Melody die cut piece.
- The “happy birthday” sentiment is from the retiring Vine Design stamp set. It is stamped on to a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock with Memento Black Ink. The sentiment was punched out with the Double Oval Punch. That punch as also used to create the scalloped Basic Black frame to go behind the sentiment. Adhere the two pieces of the sentiment together, and attach the sentiment to the card using dimensionals.
- To finish the card, I added a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
And, there you have it! Another easy-peasy card made with the fabulous Hand-Penned Memories & More Card Pack. This card pack is incredibly popular. Please take my advice and order a few for yourself!
I hope you have enjoyed all three of the card designs that I have shared! Below are the main products that I used to create this card. If you click on any product picture, you’ll go directly to my online store.