I bet your new Annual Catalog is starting to look a little worn from the many times that you have browsed to see your favorite new and carried forward products 🙂 My catalog has many pages marked for the I-cannot-possibly-live-without-this list, which is far too long already!!! How many of us will admit (at least to ourselves) that we truly smiled when we turned to page 108?! Yes, I was definitely one who did. The Forever Greenery Suite is absolutely stunning and quite a lot of fun to use!
Recently, I participated in a card swap featuring products that demonstrators were able to get in May as part of the new catalog preorder. Thank goodness the products in the Forever Greenery Suite were available in the preorder. Below is the card that I used that I made for the card swap.
The design is an accordion corner fold card. It is pretty straight forward to make and can be adapted to fit just about any occasion. Here are the steps that you’ll need to follow to make your card:
- The card base is made from Whisper White card stock cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ on the 8 1/2″ side.
- To create the accordion fold in the bottom right corner of your card base – Score a line that is 3″ from the top right on the right side of the card and on the bottom of the card. See the picture for a better, visual description. Repeat the scoring at 2″ and 1″ from the corner. Now, accordion fold the score lines.
- Use the largest die in the Stitched Rectangles die collection to cut a piece the color frame in Garden Green card stock.
- Use the ornately decorated rectangle from the Ornate Layers die collection to cut out a die from the middle of the Garden Green rectangle die that you just cut out. No one will ever know that there is literally a large hole in the middle of the die cut rectangle since you will cover it up completely 🙂
- Use the second largest die in the Stitched Rectangle die collection to cut a piece from Whisper White card stock.
- Emboss the Whisper White rectangle using the Greenery Embossing Folders from the Forever Greenery Suite. As you’ll see, I used the sweeping leaves embossing folder from the set.
- Adhere the embossed Whisper White piece onto the Garden Green die cut rectangle. The hole from the ornate die is covered completely by the embossed piece! The reverse of the adhered pieces is shown below.
- You will need to trim your framed piece to fit behind the accordion fold. Lay the framed piece on top of the card and make light pencil marks to show where you need to trip the piece to make it fit. Use your paper cutter to trim the corner off the frame.
- Adhere the trimmed frame piece to the top of the card.
- Adhere the layers of the accordion fold together, as pictured.
- Die cut a piece of the incredibly beautiful Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper (DSP) using the Stitched Rectangle die that fits just inside ornate layer Garden Green die that you have already cut. Adhere these Forever Greenery DSP piece on top of the ornate Garden Green die piece. Then, adhere the combined piece to the card front, as pictured.
- Tie a double bow with the gold trim that is included in the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack. Adhere the bow to the die cut, as pictured.
- Stamp “just because” from the Lovely You stamp set using Pretty Peacock ink. The sentiment is stamped on the bottom right corner on the inside of the card.
Here is a picture of the cards I made for the swap! Too much fun 🙂
Sit back and admire the beautiful card you just made. And, please don’t blame me when you start thinking about all the cards you will make using this design and the amazing Forever Greenery Suite of products.
The main products that I used to create my card are shown below. If you click on any picture, you will go directly to my on-line store.