It has been a few days since I’ve posted a new card. My apologies for the delay; however, we have been focused on the forecasted impacts of Hurricane Florence in our. My husband, Bruce, and I live beautiful Chapel Hill, North Carolina. We have been incredibly blessed to not be impacted by the aftermath of the hurricane. But, if you have seen any of the recent coverage of the storm, you know there are many who have been very adversely impacted. Please keep them all in your thoughts and prayers.
The card that I am sharing today is a simple thank you card using several products from the new Country Lane Suite in the Holiday Catalog (pages 42 and 43). This card is one of three that we made in Stamp Club last Sunday. Take a look below.
There are so many elements of this card that just make me smile. I hope you agree. Below are the steps I used to create the card.
- The base of the card is a Whisper White Note Card. If you don’t have a stash of Note Cards ready to use, I recommend getting a package of the Whisper White Note Cards and Envelopes and a package of the Very Vanilla Note Cards and Envelopes. They are so convenient and a really great quality.
- The card stock adhered directly to the Note Card front is Mint Macaron cut to 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″.
- Cut a piece of the Chicken Wire Elements to about 1″ to 1 1/2″ wide, and adhere the piece to the left side of the Mint Macaron card stock, as pictured.
- To create the card front, cut the following pieces of card stock –
- Blackberry Bliss – 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Crumb Cake – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Crushed Curry – 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Cut a piece of DSP to 1 3/4″ x 2 1/2″. I used a piece from the gorgeous Country Lane DSP.
- Use Early Espresso ink to stamp the cotton and flower image from the Country Home stamp set onto the Crumb Cake piece, as shown. Color the cotton with a White Chalk Marker. Color the additional flower images with Stampin’ Write Markers. I used Blackberry Bliss, Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Crushed Curry, and Mint Macaron.
- Use Early Espresso ink to stamp “simply thankful for all the good things” onto the piece of DSP, as shown.
- Add texture to the piece of Crushed Curry card stock by using the Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder.
- To finish the card, adhere the stamped and colored Crumb Cake piece to the top of the Blackberry Bliss card stock. Adhere the stamped DSP piece to the bottom of the Blackberry Bliss card stock. Adhere the Crushed Curry as a band over where the Crumb Cake and DSP pieces meet.
- Thread Braided Linen Trim through the opening of one of the Galvanized Clips. Put the clip onto the card, as pictured, before tying the bow.
- Adhere the finished front piece to the card using Dimensionals.
I hope this card will inspire you with simple thanks during the upcoming holiday season. Please keep those impacted by Hurricane Florence in your thoughts and prayers over the coming weeks. They will need our care and support.
We can all be thankful for the simple and good things in our lives.
Below are pictures of the main products that I used to make this card. Click on any picture, and you’ll go to my on-line store.