One of the most challenging kinds of cards for me to make is Clean and Simple (CAS). I have a hard time being okay that there is a lot of white space or blank space on the front of the card. But, I’m working through my personal problems 🙂 with this. The Seasonal Swirls Dies were perfect for me to play with and create the card shown below.
The colored leaves in the background were from our yard at our camp in Upstate New York. It was awesome to see colors in the trees. They definitely influenced my design.
The card is very easy to put together.
- Start with a card base made from Basic White Thick Cardstock cut to 5 1/2 by 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4 on the 8 1/2 side. Essentially, you start with a standard A2 card base.
- Next, cut a second piece of Basic White Cardstock. You don’t need to use the thick cardstock for this layer. Cut this piece to 5 1/4 x 4.
- Grab your scoring board, and on each side of the piece just cut, put two score lines. One score line is at the 1/8 inch line, and the other is at the 1/4 inch line. You have your choice of which side of this paper you want to show. I chose to flip my piece over to have the scored lines show as debossed. Attach this piece to your card base with dimensionals.
- Now, get your Sparkle of the Season stamp set, and figure out which sentiment you want on your card. I love the “thankful for you” and stamped it with Rich Razzleberry ink. Place the sentiment where you will be able to add multiple wreath dies around the words to showcase your design.
- The focal point of this card is definitely the absolutely stunning wreath die from the Seasonal Swirls Dies. These dies are amazing! Trust me – you will just love them!
- Cut two of the leaf wreaths in Basic White Cardstock. Attach the wreath by stacking one on top of the other and intertwining the leaves. I used a few glue dots to attach the wreaths.
- The gold leaves were die cut using another die from the Seasonal Swirls Dies. They were cut from a scrap of gold foil paper. These leaves are attached with a few glue dots and randomly placed on the card.
- Finish your card with a few embellishments. I used some of the gorgeous Elegant Faceted Gems and also some of the new Brushed Metallic Adhesive Backed Dots.
I hope you like this design and will give Clean and Simple (CAS) cards a try. They really are a lot of fun!
Below you’ll find pictures of the main products that I used to create my card. If you click on any picture, you’ll go directly to my on-line store.