The two other cards that we made are also shown below. I have shared detailed information for both cards. Both cards focused on products in the Share What You Love bundle. Click on either picture below to go to the individual posts.
Here’s a personal confession – I don’t make as many baby cards as I should. When I saw the Amazing Congratulations stamp set and all the sentiment stamps that come with the set, I was inspired to make a baby card to share at our stamp club. It was a lot of fun to make, and the design can easily be changed to fit any color scheme. You will love the flexibility of the Amazing Congratulations set.
Card instructions are below:
- Start with a Whisper White card stock card base cut to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ on the 8 1/2″ side.
- Cut a piece of Dapper Denim card stock to 4″ x 5 1/4″. This will be the larger frame for the full card.
- Cut a piece of Pool Party card stock to 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″. Use the Softly Falling embossing folder and your Big Shot to add texture to this piece. From the picture, you’ll see that I chose to adhere the Pool Party piece to the Dapper Denim piece to allow the de-embossed side to show. I thought the pattern looked like stars.
- Cut a second piece of Dapper Denim card stock to 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. This will be the background piece for the main focal point. Note that this piece will cover the entire length of the card.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to 3″ x 5″. This is the piece you will use for your stamping.
- The word “Congratulations” from the Amazing Congratulations stamp set is a three-step stamp. The Stamparatus makes stamping for this card a piece of cake! If you don’t have your Stamparatus yet, you will definitely want to add one to your collection. They will be available for ordering on June 1!!!
- First, stamp the outline stamp of congratulations in a light blue ink. I used Pool Party ink.
- Second, stamp the part of congratulations that includes the full “g” and the full “a” in a medium shade of blue. I used Island Indigo ink. If you use your Stamparatus, you can also stamp the swoosh stamp at this point. This is the design that will go over the words “on your new little one”. Use the medium shade of blue of your choice. Again, I used Island Indigo ink.
- Third, stamp the part of congratulations that includes the full “c” and full “t” in a dark shade of blue. I used Dapper Denim ink. If you use your Stamparatus, you can also stamp the sentiment stamp that includes “on your new little one” at this point. Use the Dapper Denim ink or the dark blue ink that you choose.
- Add your choice of embellishments to make sure there is a little bling and twinkle to the card. I used sequins that came in a past Paper Pumpkin kit and some (non-SU!) silver thread. By the way – I have a lot of leftover bits and pieces from Paper Pumpkin kits that I always find ways to use!
I hope you add this card to your inventory of fun, fresh baby cards. Obviously, you could use the base design for other occasions as well. You’ll see that the stamps in the Amazing Congratulations stamp set provide many options for you to use.
Shown below are some of the products that I used to make this card. If you click on any picture, you’ll go to my on-line store.