The Avant Garden stamp set is absolutely amazing! And, maybe even more amazing – you can get the Avant Garden stamp set free during Sale-a-Bration when you place a $50 order! Below is the first of three designs that I will share with you using this set. Click on the picture to get a better view of the detail. Remember my motto: One stamp set – Three designs – Endless possibilities.
There are a few keys to this card:
- The new Watercolor Pencils from Stampin’ Up! Take a close look at the great color and blending on the flowers. I used the Watercolor Pencils (#4 Daffodil Delight, #5 Old Olive, #8 Rich Razzleberry, and # 9 Melon Mambo} to color the flowers, stem, and leaves. Then, I used a Blender Pen to easily blend the colors together. The result is gorgeous! Click on the photo below to see the wonderful detail in the petals.
- Designer Series Paper for a quick, interesting background. I used the Fruit Stand DSP for this card. There are wonderful gradients of color in the paper that add an easy Wow! factor.
- Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies. They’re back!!! Four sizes of ovals, circles, and squares with a beautiful stitching finish – what more is there to say? You really need to add these to your collection.
- Basic Black Cardstock Border. The black cardstock piece under the DSP is cut to allow 1/16″ border on each side. It adds a clean and classic feel to the card. The Basic Black oval is a nice backdrop for the flowers. It was also cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits dies.
- Subtle Background for the Flowers. There is a background dot stamp in the Avant Garden stamp set. I used Daffodil Delight and Blushing Bride ink to create the background.
- Smoky Slate Ink on the Sentiment. The “Happy Birthday Wishes” sentiment was stamped with Flirty Flamingo ink. To give a little depth to the words, I used Smoky Slate ink and stamped the sentiment over the Flirty Flamingo. If you try this technique, stamp off the Smoky Slate before stamping. The layering of ink colors really adds dimension.
I have the second design using the Avant Garden stamp set under way. Check back to see the second card featuring this amazing set. Remember: One stamp set – Three designs – Endless possibilities!
The supplies I used for this project are shown below. Click on any picture, and you’ll go to my on-line store.